As of September 1, 2013, all ad files submitted to AGiLE Business Media LLC titles must be supplied in PDF format.
AGiLE Business Media LLC will no longer accept native application files, such as QuarkXPress, PageMaker, etc.
Please adhere to the guidelines below when preparing files. Ensure that only one ad is included per PDF file.
– All high-resolution images must be included. Do not embed OPI information in files.
– CMYK only. No RGB, PMS or Spot colors. Convert any Spot colors not intended to print into CMYK.
– Black type on ads should be solid black and not 4/C.
– Minimum resolution of 250 dpi.
– Screening: 133 lpi for Body & Cover.
– Apply image trapping as needed.
– Do not nest EPS files within other EPS files.
– Save images in TIFF or EPS format, with no ICC profiles embedded.
**Please note that AGiLE Business Media LLC will NOT be held responsible for printing errors that may occur due to transparency issues and the conversion of any RGB, PMS or Spot colors to CMYK.
– Postscript Type 1 or TrueType fonts only. Fonts must be embedded in PDF file.
– Text containing thin lines, serifs, or small lettering should be restricted to one color.
– Surprinting/Overprinting: When type is intended to surprint/overprint, the background should be no heavier than 30% in any color and a total of no more than 90% in all four colors.
Marks & Positioning
– Include standard Trim and Bleed marks placed .5″ OUTSIDE Trim area.
– For Full Page Ads, all content intended to print must be kept at 3/8″ from Bleed edge.
– For Spread Ads, all live content should be kept at least 1/8″ from gutter for each side, for a minimum total 1/4″ combined.
We prefer that you submit your materials electronically by email to email@example.com or following the FTP instructions below. You may also send ad materials on CD to AGiLE Business Media, Attn: Keisha Capitola, 100 Whiskey Road, North Augusta, SC 29860. Contact Keisha Capitola, (508) 326-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FTP Instructions For Submitting Ad Material Electronically
1. Open your FTP client
2. In the address bar enter: ftp.dcvelocity.com
3. Log in using dcvads%dcvelocity.com as your user ID and adpassword as your password
4. Drag the ad file into the window
5. Drag files only, not folders containing files
|Ad Size||Live Area: w x h||Trim Size||Bleed Size|
|Full Page||8″ x 10-1/4″||8-1/2″ x 10-3/4″||8-3/4″ x 11″|
|2-Page Spread||16-1/2″ x 10-1/4″||17″ x 10-3/4″||17-1/4″ x 11″|
|1/2 Page, Horizontal||7″ x 4-7/8″|
|1/2 Page, Vertical||3-3/8″ x 10″|
|1/2 Page, Island||4-1/2″ x 7-1/2″|
|1/3 Page, Vertical||2-1/4″ x 10″|
|1/3 Page, Square||4-1/2″ x 4-7/8″|
|1/4 Page, Vertical||3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″|