1. What kind of information does Agile collect?
If a user registers on an Agile site, they may be asked to provide information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and product information. Agile sites may include optional surveys, asking details about the user’s interests, age and gender. These surveys may also ask for opinions on various products and services. If those community tools are used, Agile may store the content and communications that user sends and receives, and Agile reserves the right to monitor those communications. Agile may also collect details on a user’s activity and personal preferences when visiting Agile sites (see Cookies). Users are asked to obtain consent before providing someone else’s personal information. Any personal details provided should be verified for accuracy and be current, and any changes should be updated.
2. What does Agile do with the information it collects?
Agile uses the information collected several ways:
- to operate its websites and provide the information and services requested, including, but not limited to, downloads, discussion groups, bulletin boards, promotions and competitions;
- to deal with customer service requests for internal analysis and research;
- to improve Agile websites and other products and services;
- to send newsletters and marketing information about Agile’s products and services, and offers, products and services from selected third-party companies, but only as permitted by law or requested by the user (see Unsubscribe);
- to send administrative emails (to reissue a password, for example); and
- to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of Agile sites or services.
3. How to unsubscribe:
- Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Agile email newsletter or other correspondence; or
- Send your details to Agile’s managing director (see Section 6) by email or post.
4. Who else has access to your information?
Agile-affiliated companies and other organizations that work for Agile may have access to the user’s information to manage that information for Agile and to provide the user with information and services requested by the user. Most of these companies process user information in the United States, but some of these affiliates and organizations may work outside the United States. Data protection laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in the United States or European Economic Area (EEA). If a user does not want their information handled this way, they should not access and use Agile’s websites. In exceptional circumstances, Agile may disclose personal information if required by law or to protect or defend itself or others against illegal or harmful activities. If Agile is sold or restructured, a user’s details may be transferred as part of the business.
Some of Agile’s websites contain cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to a user’s computer to record their online activity. Cookies may be used on Agile websites to help personalize visits to Agile sites, improve how visitors use certain aspects of Agile sites, and to record the user’s online activity. Visitors can disable cookies by adjusting their browser settings. If a visitor does so, some functions on the sites may not work correctly.
Agile takes commercially reasonable measures to protect a user’s personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimize unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information. However, Agile does not guarantee that it will eliminate all risk of misuse of personal information by intruders. Passwords for all accounts should be kept safe and should not be disclosed to anyone else. Users must contact Agile immediately if they become aware of any unauthorized use of their password or any other security breach. Discussion groups and other community areas on the Agile sites are open to the public. Users should avoid disclosing any information in these areas that may identify themselves or anyone else. Agile is not responsible for the protection or security of information a user discloses in these areas.
Mitch Mac Donald
Agile Business Media LLC
500 E. Washington Street, #4
North Attleboro, MA 02760, USA